Welcome to Bitmarts Antminer S9 Installation Guide.
The AntMiner S9 is the newest version in the AntMiner S9 series sold and distributed by Bitmart. It boasts a state-of-the-art BM1387 custom-made chip using 16nm technology. All AntMiner S9s are tested and configured prior to shipping to ensure easy set up. The T9 model setup is identical to that of the Antminer S9
We recommend you use an ATX Power supply or a Bitmart 1600Watt Power Supply
1.1 Antminer S9 Components
The AntMiner S9 main components and controller front panel are shown in the following figure:
|Hash Rate:||12± 5%Th/s||12.5± 5%Th/s||13± 5%Th/s||13.5± 5%Th/s|
|Estimated wall outlet power consumption||1176W+10%||1225W+10%||1274W+10%||1323W+10%|
|Estimated wall outlet power efficiency||0098J/GH+10%|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 350mm x 135mm x 158mm|
|Operating ambient temperature||0 – 40°C|
The miner does not contain a DC/DC converter; therefore, higher input voltage will cause higher
2. Connecting the Power Supply
To connect the power cables to an Antminer irrespective of model number you can view the video below.
Ten PCI-e connectors are located at the top of the AntMiner S9 for connecting the PSU as follows:
- Nine PCI-e connectors for the hash boards. Each hash board has a set of three PCI-e connectors.
- One PCI-e connector located on the controller
Each hashboard must be powered by the same PSU to prevent possible damage and instability if you are using multiple Power Supplies to power the Antminer S9.
To connect the power supply:
To connect the power supply:
1. Connect PSU power cable connectors to each of the nine PCI-e connectors on the top of the AntMiner S9, ensuring that each hash board is powered by the same PSU.
2. Connect a PSU power cable connector to the AntMiner S9 PCI-e connector on the controller.
3. Connect the network cable to the ETH port.
4. To power up your AntMiner S9, connect the PSUs to the power wall outlet
- A 90-day warranty is provided from shipping out date. To avail this warranty,a Repair ticket must be generated by the customer on Bitmain’s website
- Due to the Nature of the product and Industry All sales are final. No refunds will be given. Defective machines can be repaired for free under the Bitmain warranty policy procured by Bitmart. After the warranty period, machines can be repaired for the cost of parts and labor.
- If you are using more than one PSU, power up the PSU connected to the controller AFTER you have Powered up the other PSU(s).
3. Setting Up the Miner
The file IPReporter.zip is supported by Microsoft Windows only.
Extract the File and run the IPReporter.exe file as Administrator – The default DHCP network protocol distributes IP addresses automatically.
Select one of the following options:
- Shelf, Step, Position – suitable for farm miners to mark the location of the miners.
- Default – suitable for home miners.
On the controller board, click the IP Report button. Hold it down until it beeps (about 5 seconds).
The IP address will be displayed in a window on your computer screen.
- In your web browser, enter the IP address provided.In your web browser, enter the IP address provided.
- Proceed to login using root for both the username and password.
- In the Network section, you can assign a Static IP address (optional).
- Click Save & Apply.
4. Miner Pool Configuration
- In Miner Configuration, click General Settings.
- Set the options according to the following table:
The AntMiner S9 can be set up with three mining pools, with decreasing The AntMiner S9 can be set up with three mining pools, with decreasing priority from the first pool (pool 1) to the third pool (pool 3).The pools with low priority will only be used if all higher priority pools are offline.
5. Monitoring Your Miner
To check the operating status of your miner:
- Click Miner Status.
- Under AntMiner, monitor your miner according to the descriptions in the following table:
|ASIC#||Number of chips detected in the chain.|
|Frequency||ASIC frequency setting.|
|GH/S(RT)||Hash rate of each hash board ( GH/s)|
|Temp(PCB)||Temperature of each hash board (°C).(Applied only to miner with fixed frequency)|
|Temp(Chip)||Temperature of the chips on each hash board (°C). 120 Degrees Max|
|ASIC status||One of the following statuses will appear:
● O – indicates OK
● X – indicates error
● – – indicates dead
Note:The S9 miner with automatic frequency adjustment firmware will stop running when the Temp(Chips) reach to 125-135°C,there will be a error message “Fatal Error: Temperature is too high!” shown in the bottom of kernel log page.
6. Administering Your Miner
To check your firmware version:To check your firmware version:
- In System, click the Overview tab.
- File System Version displays the date of the firmware your miner use. In the example below, the miner is using firmware version 20170108.
Make sure that the AntMiner S9 remains powered during the upgrade process. If power fails Make sure that the AntMiner S9 remains powered during the upgrade process. If power fails before the upgrade is completed, you will need to return it to Bitmart for repair.
To Upgrade the Firmware of the miner.
- In System, click Upgrade.
- For Keep Settings:For Keep Settings: Select the check box to keep your current settings (default). Clear the check box to reset the miner to default settings.
- Click the (Browse) button and navigate to the upgrade file.
- Select the upgrade file, then click Flash image. A message appears notifying you if the AntMiner S9 firmware can be upgraded and if yes, will then proceed to flash the image.
Bitmain Antminer S9 Firmware can be found here – Click to View Firmware Page