Waves is a token that has been around for a while now. This year several tokens have ceased to exist but Waves is still rolling ahead in the crypto market. We take a look at why this project is still so relevant almost two years after its inception.
What is Waves?
The Waves blockchain allows users to crowdfund and trade on a decentralized platform. The Waves token (WAVES) is a Proof of Stake and can be used to fuel the blockchain.
You can make your own crypto on the blockchain and start crowdfunding by means of an Initial Coin Offering (ICO). The wallet has integrated fiat currency gateways for example Eur, USD, and CNY.
The coding used by Waves is quite simple and allows one to easily set up your own ICO.
Of course, you can trade the coin on various exchanges but Waves also has its own decentralized exchange called WavesDex. The exchange app can be downloaded to your Android or iPhone. There are about 72 cryptocurrencies listed on the exchange. It has volume of about 182 BTC.
Another nifty feature of Waves is the fact that you can lease your tokens in LiteClient and make some money on the side. You are in a matter of fact, leasing your coins which will also increase the number of Wave tokens you hold.
Lastly, the project also has a feature called ICOHub. The Waves community can vote for their favorite up and coming project. The winner will get support from the Waves developers in terms of hosting and conducting the ICO project.
History in the making
The project was started in 2016 by a Russian physicist, Alexander Ivanov. Majority of the Waves team worked on the NXT project but due to some hiccups, they left to start the Waves project. For more on the team, click here.
In recent news, the team partnered with Deloitte as well as the Russian National Settlement Depository otherwise known as the Moscow Stock Exchange. Deloitte clients can now benefit from ICO services.
During its ICO stage in June 2016, more than $16 million was raised. It is said that the Waves blockchain may soon become the fastest blockchain in the world.
Why you should invest in Waves?
Bitmart Senior Trade Analyst Rudner de Witt says this is a solid project that is worth investing in.
Here are some of the top reasons why you can invest in Waves:
- The token has a fixed coin supply of 100 million. It is always good to invest in a coin with a relatively low supply as it means that it has room to grow.
- You can earn additional tokens by leasing your current tokens. Rewards will be deposited into your eWallet.
- The platform makes it super easy to create and launch your own ICO.
- It has its own decentralized and independent exchange called the WaveDex. The platform can be accessed via a mobile app.
- It is a lot cheaper and easier to start a token on the Waves blockchain than on the Ethereum blockchain.
- The list of entities who have partnered with the team is quite impressive!
Waves tokens are currently trading at $3.01 according to Coinmarketcap. In December 2017, it reached an all-time high of about $17. It can be bought on the majority of exchanges such as the WaveDex, Binance and Bittrex.