Introducing the FutureBit Apollo
The world’s first compact, wifi-enabled*, ultra quiet**, and highest efficiency scrypt ASIC miner available today! Its time to take mining away from power hungry, loud machines only being run in centralized farms back to where it belongs; the home of every individual cryptocurrency user.
The Apollo project is the culmination of years of engineering we have learned with our Moonlander platform, and was designed from the ground up to be a miner anyone can run easily on their desktop at home or office. Apollo has its own integrated ARM based quad core controller, requiring no external computer to run, and can be managed over a simple wifi connection! The power of this integrated platform will allow us to deliver future updates that will extend the functionality of the miner.
The miner is cooled by a custom designed cold-forged aluminum pin heatsink delivering extreme cooling capabilities with very low fan speed. This allows the quietest performance of any ASIC miner currently in production in ECO mode, and is the first time miners can run a powerful unit in their home and still be able to compete with large farm miners.
Thanks to its integrated controller, the FutureBit Apollo is even easier to use than our USB miner. Once connected to your local network via wifi or ethernet, you simply point any desktop or mobile web browser to the miners address, and setup, pool configuration, and miner options are easily configured through an easy to use web interface.
We spared no expense in designing a miner that is different, and the highest quality available in a world of expendable and quickly cycled miners. The large range of operation the Apollo offers will keep it profitable for a very long time, and this platform is built with upgradability in mind. Our future miners will be based on the same size/plateform and all fans/heatsinks/controllers can be reused with a simple board upgrade. We are also super proud to announced that the miner is 100% fabricated, assembled, and shipped from the USA!
Features: (these are prototype specs and can change in production version)
- Compact Stand-alone Pod Style Miner (4x6x4in)
- Very wide range of operation modes with preset ECO (quiet) mode and TURBO mode
- 100-140+ MH/s of Scrypt performance per miner
- Industry leading 1W/MH in ECO mode, and 1.4W/MH for TURBO (100-200 watts***)
- Powered by a fully integrated Quad-Core A7 ARM based controller
- First miner to be fully controlled over wifi, only cable needed is power! (this will be a Beta feature on launch..backup ethernet port is available as well).
- Clocks and Voltage is fully customizable by user with easy to use interface (no more pots!)
- Industry leading 97% efficiency 12v power-stage, with 27 ASIC chips powered in a 3×9 parallel/serial power arrangement
- Custom designed cold forged hexagonal pin heatsink with leading thermal performance for the quietest ASIC miner in operation!
- 2k-6k PWM High Static Pressure Dual Ball Bearing Fan with automatic thermal management with onboard temperature sensor
- Controlled via local connection on a web browser similar to antminers. You can simply set it up via smartphone browser. No crazy driver installs, hard to use miner software or scripts needed
- Two Six Pin PCIE power connectors for wide-range of power draw (only one is needed in ECO mode)
- New future platform features including full-node/peer to peer fully decentralize mining, full stand-alone solo mining, cloud/app based controls and more in development
- You will need to your own Micro SD card for the controller. Instructions will be posted on how to burn an SD card with our image, so you will be ready to run before the miner arrives!
- At least a 250 watt 12v power supply with a 6 Pin PCIE connector is required. This is the same connector used by all modern GPUs.
*WIFI feature is currently in beta, and can not guarantee it will work with every router. An ethernet port is included with the unit as backup.
*Quiet operation is only available in ECO mode, manual speed changes or TURBO mode will significantly increase the fan RPM/Noise
*All power efficiencies posted are the miners 12v power consumption. Due to the wide range of third party 120-240v power supplies that can be used, your efficiency will be slightly less depending on how efficient your PSU is.
NOTE: Miner pictured above is a pre-production version (the heatsink and fan are final designs). The miner will at the very least ship in this state, and will come with attachable stands. The case pictured is a rendering of a possible case, but due to the current crypto market this will add significant cost so to keep cost as low as possible we decided to go without a case for the initial run. We will keep you updated if this changes and there will be an option to purchase the case at a later date.